One of the most important aspects of a case is to ensure that the client understands how the Baltimore personal injury attorney will go about handling it.
Aspects of a Case the Attorney Will Review as It Begins
A Baltimore personal injury lawyer will meet with a client and then conduct an investigation into the circumstances of the case. The following will be reviewed:
- Statements from witnesses;
- Law enforcement reports;
- Conducting a walk-through of the scene of the accident;
- Reviewing the statutory laws applicable in the case, laws put into place by the legislature;
- Reviewing the case law applicable in the case, laws that have been made by judges whose job it is to interpret the statutory laws;
- Reviewing medical reports;
- Reviewing medical bills; and
- Considering hiring a professional investigator to examine the accident in depth.
The Attorney Will Also Contact the Other Party's Insurance Company
Contact will be initiated with the insurance company representing the party deemed to be responsible for the injuries suffered. The attorney will contact you and ensure that you do the following:
- Adhere to the instructions of the doctors treating you;
- Do everything you can to recover from your injuries;
- Provide the attorney with copies of medical bills and other costs you have accrued as a result of the accident;
- Provide records of income lost from being unable to work; and
- Keep a record of possible witnesses to testify in the case.
The medical records will be acquired by authorization forms that the attorney will ask you to sign. Your lawyer will keep you apprised of the laws that apply to your case.
Speak to a Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney about Your Case
If you have questions or concerns about how a case will be handled, speak to a Baltimore personal injury attorney by calling the Law Offices of James Lee Katz, P.A. at 443-394-0900 or 800-564-7808 today.