Why Insurance Providers are Unreasonable
If you are involved in a personal injury case, you may be disappointed to learn that insurance carriers are becoming more unreasonable. A Baltimore personal injury law firm has advice on why this is happening and what you can do to make sure your case gets the proper attention.
Many insurance carriers are becoming more conservative and bringing more of the smaller cases to litigation than ever before. Here are some reasons why this is happening:
- Public opinion against lawyers
- Public opinion against personal injury lawyers
- Inaccurate news coverage of personal injury verdicts
Public opinion against lawyers
Baltimore personal injury attorneys know that the public view of lawyers is very negative right now. Lawyers are constantly attacked in the media, be it on TV, in magazines or in newspapers.
Public opinion against personal injury lawyers
Heard any good lawyer jokes lately? Chances are you have, and this is more of an indication that lawyers are often scorned and criticized, and personal injury lawyers are often most likely to be singled out.
Inaccurate news coverage of personal injury verdicts
Newspapers love to run stories about high verdicts and either exaggerate information or do not disclose all the facts. For example, take the case of the elderly patron at McDonalds who was burned by coffee and received a favorable verdict. The press jumped on the case, claiming it was excessive. However, the press ignored some key facts in that case:
- McDonalds would not consider a settlement request that was much less than the actual verdict.
- There were numerous other similar injury claims filed previously against McDonalds.
- The burns were very serious.
- The plaintiff was not opening coffee while driving, which was pure speculation by the public.
- McDonalds had already been warned of their hot coffee.
- The trial judge substantially reduced the verdict amount.
For more information on how to maximize the payment in your personal injury case, contact a Baltimore personal injury law firm at the Law Offices of James Lee Katz, P.A. at 443-394-0900/ 800-564-7808.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Why Insurance Providers are Unreasonable"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."